Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And then there was 4............

I am so excited to announce come October the Russel home will get a bit more cramped! Yep, there is a baby on the way!

Like many "new moms", I struggled with the "right time" to tell. With Bailey we waited close to 3 months, however, she, although "planned," happend quicker than we expected and I was out on summer break, so it was easy to keep quite. This pregnancy was different though for starters I have a 4 year old running all over the house and she hears things!

I was so afraid at first for people to know and once I had told some I beat my self up for even telling them and I am not even sure why. Why do we do this to ourselves or at least me, why do I put this pressure to get "through the 3 months" for what? I can assure you even after the 3 month mark with Bailey I was stressed, after she was born I worried about her in the hospital. We are always going to be concerned about our children rather they are the size of a seed (as this little one is) or a grown person living off with their family. God reminded me that I had to trust him, this was in fact what I had been praying for and I shouldn't be scared to tell other.

After  holding it in for almost three weeks  (yes Bailey knew before anyone and she has kept quite) I decided to let Bailey tell her class today. Her teacher was so sweet to even video tape it for me and send it to me!


This little one is no doubt an answer to our prayers. Bailey even began putting her hand on my stomach saying " God I thank you for my mommys baby growing in her bellyy" then she would always ask "what was tht bible part that says if you ask God he will give it you"?? She reminded me all what faith was about, thanking God even before it happens, speaking those things into exsistence. These next 8 months will be an amazing journey and I am so thrilled. Please keep us in your prayers.

13 comments:

Crystal said...

Thank the Lord it's out!!! I'm so exited for all of you, and just remember to take time to enjoy this pregnancy & not to worry. God is big...He's got this!

Crystal said...

Excited..oops :)

Hines House said...

Love it! Don't beat yourself up for not telling. I have been on the other end of that and it's heartbreaking with someone comes up and ask you when the baby you've lost is due. You stand there trying to hold in your tears and not make them feel like an idiot.

Glad you've finally taken the plunge... maybe it'll rub off on me:)

Unknown said...

SO EXCITING! CONGRATULATIONS! You are exactly right about the fear and worrying thing and waiting to tell until 12 weeks...you're ALWAYS going to worry, whether you are 6 weeks or 12 weeks or 30 weeks (or like you said, when they are grown adults)...just part of being a mom! I'm glad you put it out there early so we can all be excited, too! :) I have to remind myself on a daily basis that I am my God's and no matter what, he's going to see me through... one of my favorite verses is Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid I will trust in You." I remind myself of it often, so when you start worrying about new baby R, just say that verse over and over! :) Congratulations, again!

Connie Russell said...

Christy, I am so very happy for you, Jay and of course Bailey. I can't wait until October, if all goes well I am sure I can figure out a way down for a visit ;-)
By the way, does this mean I can shout it out to "all my Texas" friends that I have.. since they all know the "Russel(L)'s" of course- Lol. I was just happy you called to tell me. Keep me posted.
Love you

Charley said...

I am so excited for you guys! I missed you at school today to tell you congrats and there it is for the world to see! You have the best attitude, you are God's and so is this baby and He is choosing to share him (or her) with you, what an amazing blessing. I'm glad you shared now we can start the praying for healthy, happy baby and family!

Russel Ramblings said...

Yes, Shout it to the world! Miss ya!

Russel Ramblings said...

I don't know why but when I read that verse my eyes began to tear, maybe its the horomones or the many nights I have prayed for peace. This scripture is amazing, thank you for sharing!!

Russel Ramblings said...

Thanks Crystal, better watch out I have your cell and you know I will burn it up with questions haha!

Russel Ramblings said...

Thanks Ashley! ANd yes Braley would be an awesome big sister!

Russel Ramblings said...

Thank you Charley, yes please keep me and baby russel in your prayers. We are so excited!!!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

SO EXCITING!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Franne said...

Christy, I am so excited for you and Jay (especially Bay) So glad I can finally
tell! :) If you need anything please let me know! I am praying for you and baby R! I can't wait to start planning a baby shower!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you so much for visiting!!!