Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feeling the love!!

~Valentine's 2011~

I loved Valentine's Day this Year! Not that I normally don't but there was something extra special this year having Bailey at school. She was so cute and sweet handing out her cards, it was so sweet to be able to watch her in class having fun! We also had a great time in our class! I love, love, love my job. I have the most amazing group of kids and the best parents ! No I am not just saying that because half of you will see this bog :) It is the truth. I will be loosing the majority of my kids this year as they promote to kindergarten, its sad because I had most of them as three year olds and you really build a bond with not only the kids but the families as well. This group is unique in the sense that they are so incredibly close, everyone loves everyone and I love it!!! O.k. , back to Valentine's Day...we asked each kid with there parents to design a Valentine's box out of a shoebox, it is always so neat to see what they come up with. I love how each box described the kids, let me explain..
My sweet little Carsen, always styling and always wearing something purple or pink and sometimes both! It was only right that her box come decked out in all these colors oh and don't forget the stampin up embellishments, sister girl is a future stampin up demonstrator...watch out Mrs. Char!

Next up Mrs. Braley Hines..you can't say one with out the other!! Her can I actually tried to take, how cute is this?? It would look so cute in Bailey's room and I would only have to replace a few letters!! Braley's can is her all over, she is my little fancy Nancy of the class. Braley is always sporting the latest styles of dresses, matching tights, matching hair bows and a build a bear to complete the outfit. This frilly bucket is screaming Braley Hines!!!

Next up Ms. Caroline- If you know Caroline's mom (Franne) you know she is about as creative as Martha Stewart if not more. How she came up with this idea I do not know but would you ever believe this Valentine's box was at one point supplies that consisted of a shoebox, a paper towel roll, a skewer and a piece of foam? So why is this box Caroline, well Caroline is our entertainment for the class to say the least, not only is she super sweet and polite she is the best story teller out there. Her stories are a part of what keeps me smiling through the day, and when you look at her box you can't help but grin. Side note: Caroline's mom made her dress..how stinking cute..even made Bailey one :)



Here is Waylon, country boy to a T! Cameo jacket and boots just about everyday, I know his daddy is proud! It was only right that he have a camouflage box as well and yes I have to give his mother some credit too, you can not see inside the blind but there is a little man sitting on a bucket but little man some how lost his head (not sure in a house with two boys under 5 how that could happen???) so super mom crystal came to the rescue, she cut a piece of paper about 1'to be exact, folded it over the neck of the headless man and made him a cameo mask!! Hooray mom for saving the day!


Here is Zibe with his "Love Machine Robot" Oh yea this is Zibe all the way! Our little ladies man of the class. All the little girls fight over him, everyone wants to be his partner during morning song, everyone wants to sit by him and lord everyone wants to pick the center he is in!! His mommy is also very creative how cute are those arms???

Last but not least my little farmer! This boy is ALL BOY!!, of course he had to have some sort of machinery.Not only is Gabe ones of the sweetest kids I have ever met but he is also very smart especially when it comes to farming! he may be young but ask him about gardening or what you need to build a fence, how to fix a tractor and he will tell you! This was such a super cute idea...how creative are my parents!!!

There are so many more cute boxes I will post later, everyone put lots of time into these !! More pics from
 our day:


pizza was a bit late but hey they didn't mind digging into the desserts!
Ashley, Braley Hines and Mrs. Marsha
3 Generations!!
Crystal with her cutie pie boys..

Wendy and ol' Brett Brett!
Me and Caroline

Bailey with her little Who loves You Owl! Check out her box in the back ground it mathched her dress..how cute!! Thanks Crystal for the fabric box idea!!!


With all that was going on I didn't get a single picture of Bailey and I !! I was so upset, her first class valentine's party and I drop the ball!!
Well I hope everyone had a great day filled with lots of love!!!
Christy















1 comments:

Franne said...

Christy,
We feel so blessed to have had you for Caroline's first teacher! You are so sweet, kind, thoughtful and an awesome teacher! I think the party was super cute and I loved how you took pictures with the students and all of their Valentine's boxes. I love to see student/parent involvement! So sorry you didn't get a picture with Bailey! If you want you can dress back up in the same clothes and take a fake Valentine's Day picture!! Ha! I did that a couple of years ago and hated it so bad and felt bad! Which it is really easy to do especially when you teach. I also love what you wrote about each student! So sweet! xoxoxo

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you so much for visiting!!!