Monday, August 8, 2011

Special Delivery


I am so excited that this weekend I was able to scratch something off my bucket list, visiting the Cabbage Patch Hospital in Cleveland, GA. I have wanted to take Bailey there for sometime but it just never seemed to work out. However, as fate would have it our planned trip to Ashville with Jay’s sister and her family this past weekend was only 45 minutes away from the hospital……or so we thought. After plans to take the girls and getting them all hyped up for the trip we realized that the hospital was not close at all, actually it was 2 ½ hours away! Oh well, it was planned therefore we made it happened. Leaving at midnight Thursday night we drove straight to Georgia, stopping only at the cracker barrel for some good food. With no sleep we arrived at 8:30 at our destination, enough time to get dressed and be one of the first to enter at 9:00. I about fell over at the sweet lady in front of us as she asked her husband, do you think its crazy if I spend $500.00 on a doll. She then proceeds to tell me 10 years ago she bought one for $125.00. Oh lord, Jay gave me a limit of $50.00, then again what’s an extra zero! (By the way we ran into her before we left imagine the relief her husband must have felt, she only spent $300.00 on her doll)




Bailey thought we were at a castle!

cabbage was planted everywhere out side, how adorable!


Lauren and Bailey with Aunt Jill's dolls from when she was little!





The first couple of room were filled with old style dolls, I was in love with these three but not willing to part with my hard earned money!
                                                       
                                                      
                                                                             
Jay was so excited about this place I could hardly keep me still, I mean look at him,
that face says it all!all!

                                                        

Bailey and I with a few of our new friends!



of course the teacher in me loved this!
Daddy and Bailey!


The picture above was and will forever be so special to me. Bailey and Lauren were so excited that they were able to witness a live birth of one of the new cabbage patch babies. After Mrs.Cabbage was dialated 10 leaves she was ready to deliver. With the nurse's guidance Mrs.Cabbage only had to push twice and a new baby girl entered the world. Mrs.Cabbage's nurse asked if anyone would like to give her new baby her first name and a cute lil kid yelled out Candy, so Candy it was. The nurse than asked if anyone would like to give her a middle name and Bailey raised her hand so sweetly. Bailey said she wanted her middle name to be Bella-So after only two pushes Candy Bella was born. This had to be the highlight of the trip for Bailey.

Nurse Donna was such a sweetie helping Bailey pick out her new baby she would adopt. I just loved her!

of course Nurse Donna introduced the girls to the hair station and they were in heaven!

after two hours of looking for the "one" we found her. I am proud to  introduce to you all,  Miss Bella Reese Russel. Of course her original name was Amilia Wanda and well that didn't really flow with us nothing against the name and all but for a small fee Bailey adopted her new baby and in two weeks we will get the official paper work!


This was one of the best times I can remember and I have no doubt in my mind that Bailey will always remember this day and the moment she first held Miss Bella!

Thank you daddy for supporting all of our insane request and driving out of the way to make this day happen for us. We love you!

xoxo
Christy

6 comments:

Hines House said...

Love it! That is one of the places I want to take Braley. We all know I have a CPK obsession.... I love having all mine that are still in the box.

Every Mile A New Memory said...

Bella Reese Russel is beautiful!

Crystal said...

How fun!!

Lisa Thames said...

Bailey will definitely never forget that day! I still remember the day my Mom took me when I was little. I was in awe of the baby delivery as I am sure Bailey was too. Her little doll is adorable. Good job Bailey!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

awww..I LOVED the Cabbage Patch Kids hospital--I went when I was 8 and I can still remember some things about it!!!!

Unknown said...

SO fun!!! Love that your sweet girl got to help name the new baby! We love BabyLand General---I wnat to take our girl back soon!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you so much for visiting!!!