Sunday, November 20, 2011

Once upon a time............

Once upon a time, in a land just North of here, friends and family gathered to celebrate the upcoming birth of precious baby Ava. The beautiful mom to be was so excited to have everyone together.




I was super excited when my sweet friend Lisa , whom I have known since elementary school, asked me to help host her story book baby shower. It was a lot of fun! We found lots of amazing ideas as we scoured the internet, but the inspiration came from this adorable party found here



We used lots of the ideas, including the display of passages we found in old storybooks/fairytales. To go with the theme, we asked for new/old books in place of cards to help the mom to be create the perfect library for her beautiful baby.



As it always seems to happen you plan on taking hundreds of pictures, than the party is over before you know and you realize your camera sat in your bag! Thankfully I got some shots early in the day.

loved this vintage dish rack from tj maxx (aka my favorite homegoods store), it was perfect for holding all Ava's books. Of course, this was at the beginning and I didn't get a pic of it full!

another tj maxx find, perfect for party favors, cute hairbows made with bigshot

my favorite food at the party!! Yum, I actually had these at dinner tonight

party table

yummy cupcakes! toppers made from left over banner paper and good ol' microsoft word!

dessert table
vintage milk glasses (aka starbukcs glasses), paper straws and tin set gave a real vintage storybook feel

Caption:When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy. So there ought to be one fairy for every boy or girl

J.M Barrie

sweetest gift!
Lisa's mom packed up many things that were Lisa's from her childhood. Items including her baby blanket and little hat, a name plate and little bunny! I love this idea!!
Lisa received an old book that was one of her family members when they were a child.

I can not wait to see baby Ava!!


xoxo
Christy

1 comments:

Charley said...

What a gorgeous shower! I noticed when of my little girl's favorites Tea for Ruby. I have to say, I am in love with this theme, you did an awesome job.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you so much for visiting!!!